Friday, February 28, 2014

Rocks

etsy.com by LWilsonArt

I floated adrift
whistled with wind
chirped like bird
slowed down
when my boat hit
the hidden rock…

Rocks rolled restlessly
under estimated boat
sent circles/signals
helpless to find dry land
in the darkness
of thoughts

thrown back
by wild wave
it had endurance inside
but outer
frame/setting/mount
cracked

If you tarry me
you’ll lose the luck
so, I will walk ahead
but with my speed
this mild wind
like sigh…forgive

I’m going to keep
in heart insights.

6 comments:

  1. Love that third stanza and keeping in heart insights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely how your poem falls gently into your last two lines.

      Delete
    2. You are the astute reader, Karen :)x Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Keep things open to all and never know what insights will come

    ReplyDelete